As in Cycle 3, the Guest Observer (GO) Office is providing a faster mechanism for headline astrophysics in K2 GO Cycle 4, via the Director's Discretionary Target (DDT) program. The purpose of the DDT program for K2 is to:
- respond to targets of opportunity, e.g. newly discovered exoplanets or supernovae;
- yield high-impact science from K2;
- enhance existing GO programs with additional critical data.
The DDT program for K2 occurs on a rolling basis; observations can be proposed for at any time starting with targets in Campaign 11. However, to ensure that approved targets are included in the final target lists for each campaign, proposals must be submitted by the following dates:
- May 26, 2016 for Campaign 11
- August 18, 2016 for Campaign 12
- November 10, 2016 for Campaign 13
The complete list of requirements for DDT proposals and details on the submission process are provided on the DDT webpage.